Second Grade (Colin Caird Shield)

Second Grade: Warringah 17 defeated Sydney University 0 at Pittwater Rugby Park.

Jonathan Vaux played in 3rd Grade in his first game of the season (and in fact first game in 2 years) after a long rehabilitation process – and a great game it was!

Third Grade (Henderson Shield)

Third Grade: Sydney University 27 defeated Warringah 13 at Pittwater Rugby Park.

Fourth Grade (Henderson Cup)

By James Cameron (Coach)

4th Grade put in their strongest performance of the season so far to account for Warringah 47-0. Solid defence laid the platform for the win as Uni stifled the Rat’s attack and controlled the game with ball in hand. Tries were scored through patient phase play and good team work. With strong performances from all players, choosing the 3,2,1 was a difficult task. The front row, led by Al Ryan were again dominant, Patrick Muller was elusive in broken play, and Charlie Boyce was at his abrasive best. The players showed great enthusiasm right through to the final whistle and the song was sung with great gusto in the sheds. If we can bring the same spirit to each match we play, we’ll be hard to beat.

Fourth Grade: Sydney University 47 defeated Warringah 0 at Pittwater Rugby Park.

Nick Burden strides over in 4th Grades win on the weekend

First Colts (W. McMahon Memorial Shield)

By Robert Taylor (Colts Head Coach)

It was a real slog in the rain and on a soft field with a game that was interrupted with a few injuries and reset scrums. Warringah never gave up and kept coming at us all day and were tenacious in defence.  Our forwards lead the way with quality set piece ball to give the backs the best possible chance of getting over the gainline. While scoring five tries there were a few other lost opportunities and soft turnovers. Next week, the backs will be looking tighten up on some loose play and ensure the grunt work by the forwards is rewarded with points on the board. 

First Colts: Sydney University 36 defeated Warringah 10 at St Paul’s College.

Second Colts (Shell Trophy)

Second Colts: Sydney University 21 defeated Warringah 3.

Third Colts (Bill Simpson Shield)

By Gabriel Enright (Coach)

Teaming with rain, the match kicked off and the team settled straight into the conditions with a dominant forwards display that culminated in three first half tries one of which was a 25 metre driving maul. 17 nil at half time and one more try would seal the bonus point.

The second half saw a spirited Warringah side play some expansive and risky Rugby in the wet in an attempt to get back into the match while The Students strayed from a winning first half formula to counter the creativity with some risky Rugby of their own. Warringah scored the only try in the second half and the match finished 17-5 – the trap had been set and it had nearly caught The Students napping.

Dugald Shannon from the USA got his first start for the team in his first year of Rugby and put his training to good use to clinch a point. Jay Spencer bullocked his way down field several times and was solid in defence for two points. Dane Stephens was Best on Ground displaying silky ball skills in the wet with several line breaks that got the team on the front foot and sealed the three points.

Third Colts: Sydney University 17 defeated Warringah 5.