On Wednesday the 15th of April, Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness hosted the 2014 Sports Awards, at the Great Hall. The night celebrated the amazing achievement of athletes last year and recognised new scholarship holders in 2015, and included a number of SUFC names including Nick Phipps’ involvement in the Athlete Panel discussion.
Of most note however, SUFC is pleased to recognise the remarkable achievement of an instrumental member of the 2014 SUFC 1st Grade team who was awarded joint SUSF Sportsman of the Year – James Dargaville.
The award was presented in recognition of his achievements in 2014, including:
• Being named the Clubs Player of the Finals
• The Sydney Universities Football Club 2014 Michael Griffin Cup for Player’s Player award
• Nominee for the Ken Catchpole Shute Shield Player of the Year
• Played 20 out of 21 scheduled Shute Shield Games in 2014
• Contracted to the ACT Brumbies for the 2015 Super Rugby Season
Furthermore, it was highlighted that James’ selfless attitude and a great ability to work with coaches and team mates is testament to his success now beyond club rugby.
A huge congratulations to James on behalf of all at SUFC!