SUFC are pleased to appoint Chris Delooze as our Director of Women’s Rugby and Junior Development.
Chris is no stranger to SUFC having played for the Club while studying a Bachelor of Human Movement and Education at Sydney University. He went on to represent Australian Universities in 2005 on their tour to England, which led to a rugby career with Munster Rugby Club. While in Ireland he also completed his Master of Science degree in Sports Performance from the University of Limerick where he received First Class Honours.
Since hanging up the boots Chris has been running his own Athlete Development business while also coaching at all levels of the game in both Ireland and Australia, his credentials include:
- SUFC, Premiership winning 2nd Grade Assistant Coach
- NSW Country URC, second year as Head Coach
- NSW Youth 7s, 2 National titles as Head Coach
- The Scots College, two 2nd XV Premierships, one undefeated
- University of Limerick Bohemians, Assistant Coach
- Saint Mary’s Rugby Club, Head Coach for the Club’s most successful season in 25 years
- Glenstal Abbey Senior School, Junior Cup Head Coach
- Young Munsters, Assistant Coach & Head of Strength and Conditioning
- Clare County Gaelic Football, Head of Performance
The Director of Women’s Rugby and Junior Development is a new role to the Club which will allow us to continue to expand and provide more opportunities to our female and junior athletes. Chris will be responsible for expanding and managing the Women’s XV program and developing our 7s program as well as enhancing the SUFC junior rugby pathway and connection to the senior club. We have no doubt with Chris’ knowledge and experience of the game that he will be a huge asset to the Club.