Second Grade (Colin Caird Shield)

By Ray Hudd (Coach)

We stood on halfway facing an emerald green wall
The whistle shrieked
And just like that a tsunami came crashing down
Hurling a barrage of speed, aggression and flair

The waves of pressure were unrelenting
With no signs of easing
Our bodies battered by the rough and tumble
We struggled for breath but our nerve stood firm.

Like a beacon of light.
Hands went up one by one
Signaling our commitment
Together our resolve will get us through.

Well done 2nd Grade.

Fourth Grade (Henderson Cup)

By James Cameron

4th Grade were unable to complete many of the basic tasks required to win a rugby match such as tackling and catching the ball. Unfortunately this meant we lost the match 22-10. The chat from the players in the sheds after the match was the first step to being better this weekend; we will take the positives and learn from our defeat. Some solid performances from Malachy Mullin and Charlie Boyce who both had high intensity and work rate; congratulations to Ollie Gresham who earned the 3 points in his 100th Grade game for Uni.

First Colts (W. McMahon Memorial Shield)

By Robert Taylor (Colts Head Coach)

It was a very pleasing day for the Colts teams. The day started a bit slow with the 3rds going behind by a quick two tries from Randwick. They showed great enterprise and confidence to immediately strike back and eventually take the lead and win.

2nd Colts were a bit of the same with a 10 all score line at halftime, they decided to shift into second gear and but on 29 unanswered points.

1st Colts played 30 minutes of exceptional rugby that included all types of tries across thepark. We raced out to a 35 point lead after just 28 minutes, thereafter a wounded Randwick slowly got back in the game with four consecutive tries over the next 40 minutes of rugby. We eventually took back control of the game and kicked a late penalty to kill their hope and the game.

There were eight players making their 2016 debut for the club, some new and some being returnees. What really stood out was the team performance with so many new players and combinations, all our tries had a very strong team element to them.

The teams are very much looking forward to playing their first home game this week against a strong Manly Colts. 

Second Colts (Shell Trophy)

By James Caterson (Coach)

With fields being closed for the last 3 weeks on a Tuesday night due to weather, the 2nd Colts hadn’t got through the detail and volume they would have liked to leading into round 3. With a Grand Final rematch on our hands we knew as a group the Galloping Greens would turn it up at Coogee Oval.

The two’s came out of the blocks hard with a quick try to Jay Spencer down the southern end, after this we fell asleep in our attacking abilities and have to defend Randwick in our the 22m for an extensive period of the first half.

We went into half time 10 all thanks to Lewis Oswald who  evened the scores late in the 1st half. At half time goals where set in the playing group, to score a minimum of five tries and no missed tackles to put Randwick to the sword.

A strong second half performance from 2’s saw us run in five tries, to take the score out to 39-10.

Strong performances from Hugh Summerhayes, Tim McCutcheon and the Front Row (Jay Spencer, Pat O’Dougherty, Francis Brown).

Third Colts (Bill Simpson Shield)

By Gabriel Enright (Coach)

Winning 27-24 in a bonus point nail biter the team came back from 12 nil down after 5 minutes to score three thrilling tries and lead 17-12 at the break.

A tough second stanza running into a stiff Coogee breeze saw Daniel Poletto slot a 40 metre penalty goal that proved the difference between last seasons Grand Finalists.

Angus Chapman was best on ground steaming up the middle with some huge ball carries, Ethan Miller was the pick of the backs anchoring the team from full back. A point went to Hugh Finlay who was a terrier in defense from first to final whistle.