Force blow as Charles ruled out for the season
26 March 2013
PERTH: Western Force hooker Nathan Charles will miss the rest of the Super Rugby season with a knee injury.
Charles ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday night's 19-10 loss to the Cheetahs and is expected to be sidelined for nine months.
The 24-year-old, who is the only known professional rugby player with cystic fibrosis, had been in good form during the early rounds of the season and his absence is a big blow to the Force.
Former Rebels hooker Heath Tessmann is set to be promoted to the run-on side for Sunday's clash with the Waratahs in Sydney, with Ben Whittaker to be placed on the bench after overcoming a broken foot.
The Force are still sweating on the fitness of injured five-eighth Sias Ebersohn (hip) and prop Pek Cowan (rib).
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/force-blow-as-charles-ruled-out-for-the-season-20130326-2grfo.html#ixzz2OgGuAq3J
Devastating blow with Charles ruled out for season
27 Mar 2013
- MATCH REPORT | SUFC take home the White Ribbon Cup against Wests
- Name YOUR team!
- Sam Hayward to represent Canada this month at JWRT
- White Ribbon Cup, 12th April 2014 - West Harbour v SUFC
- MATCH REPORT | A dominant forward performance see the Students win over Easts in Round 2
- Australian Under 20s Extended Squad Announcement
- NSW win National Under 20s Championships with many SUFC boys among the gold medalists
- MATCH REPORT | Students commence 2014 season with wins in all grades
- SUFC crowned Australian Club Champions for 2014
- SUFC involvement confirmed in National Rugby Championship in a joint venture with Balmain