Force blow as Charles ruled out for the season
26 March 2013
PERTH: Western Force hooker Nathan Charles will miss the rest of the Super Rugby season with a knee injury.
Charles ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday night's 19-10 loss to the Cheetahs and is expected to be sidelined for nine months.
The 24-year-old, who is the only known professional rugby player with cystic fibrosis, had been in good form during the early rounds of the season and his absence is a big blow to the Force.
Former Rebels hooker Heath Tessmann is set to be promoted to the run-on side for Sunday's clash with the Waratahs in Sydney, with Ben Whittaker to be placed on the bench after overcoming a broken foot.
The Force are still sweating on the fitness of injured five-eighth Sias Ebersohn (hip) and prop Pek Cowan (rib).
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/force-blow-as-charles-ruled-out-for-the-season-20130326-2grfo.html#ixzz2OgGuAq3J
Devastating blow with Charles ruled out for season
27 Mar 2013
- MATCH REPORT | Students end the regular season with a bang
- MATCH REPORT | "There are no more easy games ahead and standards must be lifted further" says Vickerman
- Nathan Charles nominated for WA 'Pride of Australia Medal'
- MATCH REPORT | Clean sweep for Students against the Two Blues to bring the Club Championship in closer reach
- SUFC & Ozsale Ladies Day 2014
- Australian Rugby Sevens Squad announced for Commonwealth Games including Jeloudev and Jenkins
- MATCH REPORT | Eastwood prove too strong for Students for the second time this season
- MATCH REPORT | Students enforce a win at SUFC Services Day against the Pirates
- Ray Hudd to coach his 150th game this weekend
- Will Skelton's strong show earns lavish praise