Force blow as Charles ruled out for the season
26 March 2013
PERTH: Western Force hooker Nathan Charles will miss the rest of the Super Rugby season with a knee injury.
Charles ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday night's 19-10 loss to the Cheetahs and is expected to be sidelined for nine months.
The 24-year-old, who is the only known professional rugby player with cystic fibrosis, had been in good form during the early rounds of the season and his absence is a big blow to the Force.
Former Rebels hooker Heath Tessmann is set to be promoted to the run-on side for Sunday's clash with the Waratahs in Sydney, with Ben Whittaker to be placed on the bench after overcoming a broken foot.
The Force are still sweating on the fitness of injured five-eighth Sias Ebersohn (hip) and prop Pek Cowan (rib).
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/force-blow-as-charles-ruled-out-for-the-season-20130326-2grfo.html#ixzz2OgGuAq3J
Devastating blow with Charles ruled out for season
27 Mar 2013
- MATCH REPORT | Students claim their Triple Crown with win over Edinburgh
- 2014 Israel Folau Scholarship
- Jacob Taylor set to start for Oxford in the 132nd Varsity Match
- MATCH REPORT | Students go down to dominant Cambridge
- TEAMS ANNOUNCED | SUFC v Cambridge Uni
- MATCH REPORT | Students shine in Cardiff
- TEAMS ANNOUNCED SUFC v Cardiff 30.11.2013
- Match Day Info | SUFC v Cardiff
- Students come out on top in Dublin
- MATCH REPORT | Students beat the oldest rugby club in convincing style